Monday, August 10, 2009

Preliminary Predictions for the Upcoming Weekend

Just a few quick thoughts:


I'm going safe with G.I. Joe and predicting $25m. If that is safe. I suspect it could drop just 50% and end up around $27m, but I'm not willing to give it that at this moment.

District 9 has been marketed terrifically, in my opinion. I found the trailer to be very effective. I could see a high-20s opening for it. Let's say $27-8m for now.

I'm very bullish on The Time Traveler's Wife. The book has been a wild success for years, and it's main demographic-basically, women-continues to be underrated at the box office. The theatre count is low, yes, but I do wonder if mid-30s is attainable. I suspect this is just hyperbole speaking right now, so I'll probably lower it to $30-32m, and go with that.

Whatever the case, we're going to have a strong weekend ahead.

0 Comments: